Privacy Statement \\
Paydrop, Inc. (Paydrop), has developed this Privacy Statement to explain how Paydrop, as a Data Controller, may collect, retain, process, share and transfer your Personal Data when you visit our Sites or use our Services. This Privacy Statement applies to your Personal Data when you visit Sites or use Services, and does not apply to online websites or services that we do not own or control, including websites or services of other Paydrop Users.
This Privacy Statement is designed to help you obtain information about our privacy practices and to help you understand your privacy choices when you use our Sites and Services. Please note that our Service offerings may vary by region. This Privacy Statement may be supplemented with additional notices depending on the Sites and Services concerned.
We have defined some terms that we use throughout the Privacy Statement. You can find the meaning of a capitalized term in the Definitions section.
Please contact us if you have questions about our privacy practices that are not addressed in this Privacy Statement.
2. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We collect Personal Data about you when you visit our Sites or use our Services, including the following:
- Registration and use information – When you register to use our Services by establishing an Account, we will collect Personal Data as necessary to offer and fulfil the Services you request. Depending on the Services you choose, we may require you to provide us with your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and identification information to establish an Account. We may require you to provide us with additional Personal Data as you use our Services.
- Transaction and experience information – When you use our Services or access our Sites, for example, to receive money, to process payments, or to send money to friends and family, we collect information about the transaction, as well as other information associated with the transaction such as amount sent or requested, amount paid for products or services, merchant information, including information about any funding instruments used to complete the transaction, Device Information, Technical Usage Data, and Geolocation Information.
- Participant Personal Data – When you use our Services or access our Sites, we collect Personal Data you provide us about the other participants associated with the transaction.
- Send or request money: When you send or request money through the Services, we collect Personal Data such as name, postal address, telephone number, and financial account information about the participant who is receiving money from you or sending money to you. The extent of Personal Data required about a participant may vary depending on the Services you are using to send or request money.
- Pay or request someone else to pay a bill (invoice): If you use our Services to pay a bill for the benefit of someone else, or if you request a User to pay a bill for you, we collect Personal Data from you about the account holder such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, and account number of the bill that you intend to pay or request to be paid.
- Add integrations to your accounts: If you use our Services to add an integration to your Account or any other account you may have, or if you ask a User to add and integration to any of these accounts, we may collect Personal Data from you regarding the integration, or from the other party about you to facilitate the request. For example, if you use our Services to connect a digital wallet, or bank account, we may collect Personal Data and other information including account information from the integration to properly perform our services, or for validation of the account.
- Personal Data about contacts – It may be easier for us to help you transact with your colleagues, friends and other contacts if you choose to connect your contact list information with your Account. If you establish an account connection between your device or a social media platform and your Account, we will use your contact list information (such as name, address, email address) to improve your experience when you use our Services.
- Personal data that you choose to provide us to obtain additional Services or specific online Services – If you request or participate in an optional Site feature, or request enhanced Services or other elective functionality, we may collect additional information from you. We will provide you with a separate notice at the time of collection, if the use of that Personal Data differs from the uses disclosed in this Privacy Statement.
- Personal Data about you if you use the Service – We will collect Personal Data, information about any funding instrument used, Device Information, Technical Usage Data, and Geolocation Information as necessary to complete the transaction. If you are an Account holder and choose to engage in a Checkout without a Paydrop Account transaction, we may collect information about the transaction and associate it with your Account as part of our compliance and analytics operations. If you are not an Account holder and choose to engage in a Checkout without a Paydrop Account transaction, we will collect and store all information you provide and use such information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- Personal Data about you from third-party sources – We obtain information from third-party sources such as merchants, data providers, integrations and credit bureaus, where permitted by law.
- Other information we collect related to your use of our Sites or Services – We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams or respond to a survey.
3. Why Do We Retain Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data in an identifiable format for the least amount of time necessary to fulfill our legal or regulatory obligations and for our business purposes. We may retain Personal Data for longer periods than required by law if it is in our legitimate business interests and not prohibited by law. If your Account is closed, we may take steps to mask Personal Data and other information, but we reserve our ability to retain and access the data for so long as required to comply with applicable laws. We will continue to use and disclose such Personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
The cookies we use have defined expiration times; unless you visit our Sites or use our Services within that time, the cookies are automatically disabled and retained data is deleted.
4. How Do We Process Personal Data?
We may Process your Personal Data for a variety of reasons that are justified under data protection laws in the United States.
- To operate the Sites and provide the Services, including to:
- initiate a payment, send or request money, add value to an account, or pay a bill
- authenticate your access to an Account
- communicate with you about your Account, the Sites, the Services, or Paydrop
- create an account connection between your Account and a third-party account or platform
- perform creditworthiness and other financial standing checks, evaluate applications, and compare information for accuracy and verification purposes,
- keep your Account and financial information up to date.
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the Services and the Sites’ performance and functionality. For example, we analyze User behavior and perform research about the way you use our Services.
- To manage risk and protect the Sites, the Services and you from fraud by verifying your identity. Paydrop’s risk and fraud tools use Personal Data, Device Information, Technical Usage Data, and Geolocation Information from our Sites and websites that offer Paydrop Services to help detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the Services.
- To comply with our obligations and to enforce the terms of our Sites and Services, including to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- For our legitimate interests, including to:
- enforce the terms of our Sites and Services;
- manage our everyday business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing;
- manage risk, fraud, and abuse of Paydrop Services;
- conduct business to business marketing; and
- With your consent, including to:
- To provide you with location-specific options, functionality or offers if you elect to share your Geolocation Information through the Services. We will use this information to enhance the security of the Sites and Services and provide you with location-based Services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized (also called interest-based marketing) content.
- To make it easier for you to find and connect with others, we may use your information you have shared with the Service to suggest connections between you and people you may know. For example, we may associate information that we learn about you through your and your contacts’ use of the Services, and information you and others provide to suggest people you may know or may want to transact with through our Services. Social functionality and features designed to simplify your use of the Services with others vary by Service.
- To respond to your requests, for example to contact you about a question you submitted to our customer service team.
You can withdraw your consent at any time and free of charge.
5. Do We Share Personal Data?
We may share your Personal Data or other information about you with others in a variety of ways as described in this section of the Privacy Statement. We may share your Personal Data or other information for the following reasons:
With other members of the Paydrop corporate family: We may share your Personal Data with members of the Paydrop family of entities to, among other things, provide the Services you have requested or authorized; to manage risk; to help detect and prevent potentially illegal and fraudulent acts and other violations of our policies and agreements and to help us manage the availability and connectivity of Paydrop products, Services, and communications.
With other companies that provide services to us: We share Personal Data with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf. These third-party service providers may, for example, provide you with Services, verify your identity, assist in processing transactions, send you advertisements for our products and services, or provide customer support.
With other financial institutions: We share Personal Data to process transactions, provide you with benefits associated with your eligible accounts, and keep your financial information up to date.
With the other parties to transactions when you use the Services, such as other Users, merchants, and their service providers: We may share information about you and your Account with the other parties involved in processing your transactions. This includes other Users you are sending or receiving funds from and merchants, and their service providers. The information might include:
- Personal Data and Account information necessary to facilitate the transaction;
- Personal Data to help other participant(s) resolve disputes and detect and prevent fraud; and
- Anonymous data and performance analytics to help merchants better understand the uses of our Services and to help merchants enhance Users’ experiences.
With other third parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law: We may share information about you with other parties for Paydrop’s business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- if we need to do so to comply with a law, legal process or regulations;
- to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, a court order or other legal process or requirement applicable to Paydrop or Paydrop’s corporate family;
- if we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- to protect the vital interests of a person;
- with credit agencies and data processors for credit reference checks and anti-fraud and compliance purposes;
- to investigate violations of or enforce a user agreement or other legal terms applicable to any Service;
- to protect our property, Services and legal rights;
- to facilitate a purchase or sale of all or part of Paydrop’s business, in which case Personal Data is transferred an asset to the acquirer of such business;
- in connection with shipping and related services for purchases made using a Service;
- to help assess and manage risk and prevent fraud against us, our Users and fraud involving our Sites or use of our Services, including fraud that occurs at or involves our business partners, strategic ventures, or other individuals, and merchants, such as eBay, Inc.;
- to banking partners as required by card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants;
- to collection agencies;
- to companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by; and
- to support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
With your consent: We also will share your Personal Data and other information with your consent or direction, including if you authorize an account connection with a third-party account or platform.
In addition, Paydrop may provide aggregated statistical data to third-parties, including other businesses and members of the public, about how, when, and why Users visit our Sites and use our Services. This data will not personally identify you or provide information about your use of the Sites or Services. We do not share your Personal Data with third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
6. How Do We Work with Other Services and Platforms?
A significant benefit and innovation of Paydrop’s Services is that you can connect your Account with a third-party account or platform. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, an “account connection,” also known as “integration,” with such a third party is a connection you authorize or enable between your Account and a non-Paydrop account, payment instrument, or platform that you lawfully control or own. When you authorize such a connection, Paydrop and the third-party will exchange your Personal Data and other information directly. Examples of account connections include:
- linking your Account to a social media account or social messaging service;
- connecting your Account to a third-party data aggregation or financial services company, if you provide such company with your Account log-in credentials; or
- using your Account to make payments to a user or allowing a user to charge your Account.
If you choose to create an account connection, we may receive information from the third party about you and your use of the third party’s service. For example, if you connect your Account to a social media account, we will receive Personal Data from the social media provider via the account connection. If you connect your Account to other financial accounts, directly or through a third party service provider, we may have access to your account balance and transactional information, such as purchases and funds transfers. We will use all such information that we receive from a third party via an account connection in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
Information that we share with a third party based on an account connection will be used and disclosed in accordance with the third party’s privacy practices. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties. Before authorizing an account connection, you should review the privacy notice of any third party that you authorized to have an account connection that will gain access to your Personal Data as part of the account connection. For example, Personal Data that Paydrop shares with a third party account or platform such as a social media account may in turn be shared with certain other parties, including the general public, depending on the account’s or platform’s privacy practices.
7. International transfers
Our operations are supported by a network of computers, cloud-based servers, and other infrastructure and information technology, including, but not limited to, third-party service providers.
The parties mentioned above may be established in jurisdictions other than your own and outside the United States. These countries do not always afford an equivalent level of privacy protection. We have taken specific steps, in accordance with laws in the United States and in the State of California, to protect your Personal Data. Other transfers may be based on contractual protections. Please contact us for more information about this.
If you make transactions with parties outside the United States or connect our Service with platforms, such as social media, outside the United States, we are required to transfer your Personal Data with those parties in order to provide the requested Service to you.
Do Not Track (DNT) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third parties. We do not respond to DNT signals.
9. What Privacy Choices Are Available To You?
You have choices when it comes to the privacy practices and communications described in this Privacy Statement. Many of your choices may be explained at the time you sign up for or use a Service or in the context of your use of a Site. You may be provided with instructions and prompts within the experiences as you navigate the Services.
- Choices Relating to the Personal Data We Collect
- Personal Data. You may decline to provide Personal Data when it is requested by Paydrop, but certain Services or all of the Services may be unavailable to you.
- Location and other device-level information. The device you use to access the Sites or Services may collect information about you, including Geolocation Information and User usage data that Paydrop may then collect and use. For information about your ability to restrict the collection and use of such information, please use the settings available in the device.
- Choices Relating to Account Connections
- If you authorize an account connection to a third-party account or platform, such as a social media account, you may be able to manage your connection preferences from your Account or the third-party account or platform. Please refer to the privacy notice that governs the third-party platform for more information on the choices you may have.
- Choices Relating to Cookies
- You may have options available to manage your cookies preferences. For example, your browser or internet device may allow you delete, disable, or block certain cookies and other tracking technologies. You can learn more by visiting AboutCookies.org. You may choose to enable these options, but doing so may prevent you from using many of the core features and functions available on a Service or Site.
- You can learn more about our cookies and tracking technologies by visiting the Statement on Cookies and Tracking Technologies page.
- Choices Relating to Your Registration and Account Information
- If you have an Account, you generally may review and edit Personal Data by logging in and updating the information directly or by contacting us. Contact us if you do not have an Account or if you have questions about your Account information or other Personal Data.
- Choices Relating to Communication
- Notices, Alerts and Updates from Us:
- Marketing: We may send you marketing content about our Sites, Services, products, products we jointly offer with financial institutions, as well as the products and services of unaffiliated third parties and members of the Paydrop corporate family through various communication channels, for example, email, text, pop-ups, push notifications, and messaging applications. You may opt out of these marketing communications we send by following the instructions in the communications you receive. If you have an Account with us, you may also adjust your communication preferences in your Account settings. For messages sent via push notifications, you may manage your preferences in your device.
- Informational and Other: We will send communications to you that are required or necessary to send to Users of our Services, notifications that contain important information and other communications that you request from us. You may not opt out of receiving these communications. However, you may be able to adjust the media and format through which you receive these notices.
10. What Are Your Rights?
Subject to limitations set out in laws in the United States and the State of California, you have certain rights in respect of your Personal Data. In particular, you have a right of access, rectification, restriction, opposition, erasure and data portability. Please contact us if you wish to exercise these rights. If you wish to complete an access request to all personal data that Paydrop holds on you, please note that photo identity will be required to prove your identity.
If you have an Account with any of our Services, you generally can review and edit Personal Data in the Account by logging in and updating the information directly. We may use automated decision-making for decisions concerning credit with your consent or where necessary for the entry into or performance of a contract or authorized by Union or Member state law.
Please contact us if you require more information on automated-decision making.
11. How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. While we are dedicated to securing our systems and Services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your password(s) and Account/profile registration information and verifying that the Personal Data we maintain about you is accurate and current. We are not responsible for protecting any Personal Data that we share with a third party based on an account connection that you have authorized.
12. Can Children Use Our Services?
The Sites and Services are not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect information, including Personal Data, from children or other individuals who are not legally able to use our Sites and Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 16.
13. What Else Should You Know?
Changes to this Privacy Statement.
We may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our business, the Sites or Services, or applicable laws. The revised Privacy Statement will be effective as of the published effective date.
If the revised version includes a substantial change, we will provide you with 30 days prior notice by posting notice of the change on the “Policy Update” page of our website. We also may notify Users of the change using email or other means.
14. Contact Us
You may contact us if you have general questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement and supplemental notices or the way in which we handle your Personal Data.
We want to make sure your questions go to the right place:
- Click here to contact us about your Paydrop account
If you are not satisfied by the way in which we address your concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority for data protection in your country.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at dpo@Paydrop.com.
Accountmeans a Paydrop member account. Data Controllermeans that Paydrop determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data. Device Informationmeans data that can be automatically collected from any device used to access the Site or Services. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your device type; your device’s network connections; your device’s name; your device IP address; information about your device’s web browser and internet connection you use to access the Site or Services; Geolocation Information; information about apps downloaded to your device; and biometric data. Geolocation Informationmeans information that identifies, with reasonable specificity, your location by using, for instance, longitude and latitude coordinates obtained through GPS or Wi-Fi or cell site triangulation. Receive Only Paydrop Accountmeans a person’s Use of the Services without logging into and/or establishing an Account. Paydropmeans Paydrop, Inc. and subsidiaries or affiliates. In this Privacy Statement, Paydrop is sometimes referred to as “we,” “us,” or “our,” depending on the context. Personal Datameans information that can be associated with an identified or directly or indirectly identifiable natural person. “Personal Data” can include, but is not limited to, name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number, email address, payment card number, other financial account information, account number, date of birth, and government-issued credentials (e.g., driver’s license number, national ID, passport number). Processmeans any method or way that we handle Personal Data or sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, and consultation, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data. Servicesmeans any products, services, content, features, technologies, or functions, and all related websites, applications (including mobile applications) and services offered to you by Paydrop with an Account or Checkout without a Paydrop Account. Sitesmeans the websites, mobile apps, official social media platforms, or other online properties through which Paydrop offers the Services and which has posted or linked to this Privacy Statement. Technical Usage Datameans information we collect from your phone, computer or other device that you use to access the Sites or Services. Technical Usage Data tells us how you use the Sites and Services, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the Sites and the way you use our Services, including your IP address, statistics regarding how pages are loaded or viewed, the websites you visited before coming to the Sites and other usage and browsing information collected through Cookies. Usermeans an individual who uses the Services or accesses the Sites and has established a relationship with Paydrop (for example, by opening an Account and agreeing to the Paydrop Agreement) or otherwise uses the Services as a buyer, seller or other type of participant to a transaction, including a Checkout without a Paydrop Account.
16. Additional Information
The information provided in this section may be specific to customers depending on your region or how you use the Services. This information is provided to Paydrop from third parties whom you may interact when using the Services.
ReCaptcha is only used to fight spam and abuse.